2011 was a pretty decent year for me, started a new job, had my wedding in the states, moved into a lovely new flat, can’t really complain. But I am excited for 2012 and already have some exciting things to look forward to (Barbados in February being the main event, yay delayed honeymoon!). 2011 was also a good year for me as I discovered quite a few new cosmetics brands as I began familiarizing myself with UK beauty brands, so here are my top picks for 2011:
1. ELF Eyelid Primer-This stuff is amazing, I picked it up on a whim during a 40% off ELF ordering spree. I never had used an eyelid primer before this and the difference was incredible. This primer makes my eyeshadow stay put all day and at only a £1.50 you can’t go wrong.
2. MUA Heaven and Earth Palette-A steal at £4, this palette was rampantly featured when it came out this year on beauty blogs across the web and with good reason. I use this gorgeous neutral toned palette almost every day. The pigmentation is amazing and the range of colours can be used to create a ton of looks.
3. Soap and Glory Hand Food-I started using this hand cream after seeing it featured in youtube videos on missglamorazzi and FleurdeForce’s channels. It’s not too greasy, the smaller size is perfect hand bag size and it smells delicious. This is definitely a staple that I will be purchasing again and again.
4. Monu Revitalising Moisturizer-I received this moisturizer in my November Glossybox and after using Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture for years, I was converted. This moisturizer smells lovely, leaves your face perfectly matte, while leaving your skin soft and supple. Love.
5. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder-I started using this face powder in Rose Ivory earlier this year and have repurchased it a few times since then. It is my perfect face powder and it takes the shine off of your face and keeps it matte practically all day long. When my skin is behaving, I just dot on a bit of concealer and brush this powder over my face and there’s no need for foundation! The packaging is also really cool with a swing out mirror.
6. Cover Girl Lashblast Fusion Mascara-I have tried mascara after mascara, but this is the one for me. I love that is lengthens and defines my lashes without making them look clumpy or spidery.
7. Rituals Foaming Shower Gel-Another item from Glossybox (the December box). I love this foaming shower gel, it smells amazing, lightly scents your skin, leaves your skin soft, and can also double up as a shaving cream. It is also fun to use, which is a plus 🙂
8. 17 Fast Finish Nail Polish-I picked up this brand on a whim when I was looking for a red Barry M nail polish to do Christmas nails and Boots was completely sold out of that particular Barry M colour. I am so glad I gave this brand a go though because for bargain nail polishes (Barry M and ELF), it lasts a lot longer, dries a lot faster, and is just a better formula in my opinion.
9. Dove Beauty Finish Anti-Perspirant Deodorant-I know, I know, deodorant, how exciting! But we all use it (I hope) so it’s going on the list. I love Dove products anyway, but was a bit skeptical when this product came out with its claims of “beauty minerals”. Not sure what beauty minerals are supposed to do to your armpits, but this deodorant smells lovely (nicer than my standard cucumber) , is moisturizing and does the job and its pink.
So there are my top picks for 2011! What are your favorite products that went strong this year? What new products did you try that have become staples?