A little detour from the usual beauty related posts on this blog so that I can ramble on about my favorite season, FALL! Or autumn for my UK readers. Fall has always been my favorite season, I love the cool sweater weather, have always been a fan of fall fashion vs summer, watching the leaves change color, apple picking, having an excuse to light candles and get cosy! So here are my top 5 things I love about fall:
1) Knitwear-I love knitwear with a passion. I would even go as far to say I have a knitwear problem. When fall fashion starts to creep into high street stores, there’s nothing more I love than stocking up on “granny sweaters” as my mister loves to call them. Cable knit, cowl neck, angora, I just can’t get enough. And I get attached to my sweaters as well, I was devastated to find one of my favorite oatmeal cable sweaters from Primark got a snag which in turn morphed into a large hole. But as my husband gleefully slam dunked it into the bin, I just started plotting my next sweater purchase…
2) Starbucks Drinks-The phrase Pumpkin Spice Latte might as well be synonymous with the change of the seasons. However, I am a more of Peppermint or Salted Caramel Mocha kind of girl. Although, ladies from the Bournemouth area can sympathise with me on this one, why is there no Starbucks in the Bournemouth town centre? Where am I supposed to get my fix?
3) Candles-I pretty much burn candles all year round, but they are especially nice on a chilly autumn evening. Check out this post to read about my favorite Woodwick candles that crackle like a burning fire to add even more ambience to your fall nights.
4) Baking-The colder seasons definitely get me in the mood to make some nice warm treats! Also we could use the extra heat from the oven (anyone else seeing how long they can hold off turning on the heat for? We haven’t succumbed so far!). Caramel apple crumble, gooey brownies, chocolate chip cookies, red wine chocolate cake, and hopefully pumpkin spice bars will be whipped up in my kitchen this season.
5) Lazy Evenings-Something about colder weather makes you feel not so guilty about spending the increasingly dark evening curled up on the couch with a fleece blanket and your slipper socks, sipping tea, and watching movies. It’s too rubbish to be outdoors, what else are we supposed to do?
What are your favorite things about fall?